For the first time in 33 years we cannot gather for the Mayors' Dinner because of the COVID-19 requirement to limit public assembly. We were once again expecting a full room of close to 1000 people.
We invite you to join us for a Virtual Mayors Dinner – we really noticed as we prepared this event, that we can’t replicate the warmth, the solidarity and the living community that we feel each year at the Mayors’ Dinner.
Instead, we have opted for a thoughtful, reflective, and challenging presentation that helps us to make sense of the changes in our world, and our desires to build a better way forwards.
Below, you will find the link to our Virtual Mayors’ Dinner platform (we will also link to this site from our main Working Centre website in case you lose track of the link). Make it an event in your household, or watch it in separate sittings – each video is separate, and you can play them one after the other.
Take the time to look through the Program for the event which lists our Patrons, Sponsors and supporters.
The 33rd Annual Mayors' Dinner Auction has now ended. Thank you for your generous support!
Our 33rd Annual Virtual Mayors' Dinner Presentation (link) includes:
- Welcome by Neil Aitchison, Master of Ceremonies
- Recognition to Bell as the main sponsor of the Mayors' Dinner
- A reflective blessing and song by Clarence Cachagee
- Greetings from the Mayors
- Joe Mancini's Working Centre greetings and update
- Frances Westley's presentation on Catastrophe and Resilience – Pathways to a New World
- Reflections on a collaborative COVID response, from the Inner City Health Alliance
- An introduction to Fresh Ground Online; an invitation to ongoing conversation and discussion
We will miss being together! We hope you can continue to support The Working Centre through The Mayors' Dinner and we look forward to coming back together in 2021.
Thanks to everyone who has donated the cost of their tickets for a full tax receipt – we have been heartened by the generosity of so many.
Enjoy this event – and see you next year - the 2021 Mayors' Dinner is set for April 10, 2021.
From all of us at The Working Centre